Dr. Gregory Chapelle
Electromagnetic Systems Division
16969 Mesamint St
San Diego, CA 921217
Email: gregory dot chapelle at ga dot com
this way to prevent email address harvesting)
Phone: (858) 964-6677
|Ph.D. University of California, San Diego,
|M.S.E.E Purdue University,
Dr. Chapelle is Lead SW Architect with
General Atomics, designing a new generation of aeronautical
systems including Navy Aircraft arresting systems and airborne
electronics. Prior to joining General Atomics he was a
engineer with Nokia Mobile Phones,
working on the third generation CDMA2000 cellular telephones. Dr.
Chapelle has also been a Senior Systems Engineer with TRW's Avionics
developing advanced integrated communication, navigation, and
systems for high performance military aircraft.
Interests - Advanced receiver design, sensors, data sampling, data
networking, digital signal
and software defined communications.
Research - Sensor communications and data acquisition.
Publications and Presentations
- A Practical Guide to
Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, Written by Mark
Sobell, Reviewed by Gregory Chapelle, ACM
Software Engineering Notes, July
- The Official Ubuntu Book, Seventh Edition, Written
by Matthew Helmke and Amber Graner, Reviewed by Gregory Chapelle, ACM Software Engineering Notes,
- "A Single Error Correction Double Burst Error Correction
Code", 37th Asilomar Conference on
Computers, Signals, and Systems, Nov.
- "CPM for Indoor Wireless Channel", IEE Electronics Letters, Oct. 2002.
- "Firewire in Modern Military Integrated Avioinics", IEEE Aerospace and Electronics Systems
- "Software Metrics Lead the Way to Better
HDL Coding Practices", Integrated System Design (now part of
- "MIPS Performance Predictions of DSP Processors and
Architectures", 1998 TRW
Conference on Signal processing and Its Aplications (SP'98),
Mar. 4-5, 1998.
- Ph.D. Dissertation, "Continuous
Phase Modulation for the Indoor Wireless Channel", Feb. 1998
- "Enhanced CW Jammer Mitigation Using Partially Coherent
CPM Reception," IEEE Military Communications Conference,
Record, Vol. 3, pp. 826-830 , October 2-5,
- "A Partially Coherent CPM Receiver with
Cochannel Interference,", IEEE International Conference on
Conference Record, Vol. 1, pp. 353-357,
May 1-5, 1994.
(C) Copyright 2016, Gregory P. Chapelle, All Rights
Last Updated: November 2016